South Bend, IN
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
General Manager – Property Management
Reports To: Regional Manager
Company: Property Management Company
We are looking for ROCKSTARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven to greatness? If so, read on about why we may be a perfect match! If you feel you have the drive; knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!
Summary: Property Management Company is looking for a General Manager to lead our apartment community by developing and maintaining a positive Resident (customer) and employee experience, renting apartments, collecting rents, overseeing all property functions such as, but not limited to, maintenance, leasing, marketing, property and apartment inspections, accounts payable and everything else that goes into running a successful apartment community. You will need to be organized with excellent communication and problem solving skills. This position is larger in scope and responsibility than a typical property manager position as we expect our general managers to be completely responsible for their properties meeting budget, have a strong grasp of the drivers of financial property performance, and communicate directly with executive and C team on all aspects of property operations. This position requires a strong background in Real Estate or Property Management of five plus years experience. If you are ready to advance your career and join a fast growing yet family oriented company continue reading.
What you have already accomplished:
- Must represent & promote our core values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in management of direct reports and financials is mandatory
- Candidate must have a strong background in Property Management
- 3+ years experience is required
- Solid analytical and negotiating skills
- Process Development experience
- Multifamily experience is required
- Appfolio experience is a plus
What you are great at
- Running an apartment community! Taking care of resident & prospect needs, managing P&L, expenses and budgets, leasing activity, collecting rent, working in property management software programs, mentoring onsite team members, vendor relations, and making sure the overall operation runs seamlessly.
- Oversee lease-up of apartment community including executing on marketing plan, physically leasing apartments, performing marketing outreach and tracking apartment turnovers.
- Provide day-to-day operations management of apartment community while emphasizing positive response to concerns of residents and prospects, and increasing the value of the property.
- Oversee capital and renovation activities on site
- Develop and maintain exemplary resident experience
- Timely collection of rents and aggressive pursuit of delinquencies
- Maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with residents, teammates, and contractors
- Perform as a team leader, mentor and coach to all employees
- Manage the administration of activities related to the physical operation of the property including supervision of staff
- Be a key contributor to the attainment of all management company goals
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Regional Manager & Vice President of Property Management
What you will achieve in this role:
- Manage asset to budgeted NOI
- Develop leaders at all levels of the property
- Maintain 3-5 day apartment turnover average
- Maintain 0-30 delinquency below 2.5%
- Manage capital improvement budget within 5% on all projects
- Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven Greatness
- P*erseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT*
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focus
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Compensation: $55,000 – $65,000 plus bonus for exemplary performance
Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance; 3 weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Wellness Program, Flexible Work Schedule & Company Events.