Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
ASSOCIATE COUNSEL IN-HOUSE
Reports to: Chief Legal Counsel and Executive Team
Company:Dream Live Prosper
Compensation: $75,000-$85,000 per year starting base plus opportunity for bonus.
Location: Bethlehem, PA and Lehigh Valley
Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance; 3 weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Wellness Program, Flexible Work Schedule & Company Events.
At Dream Live Prosper,we specialize in the single and multifamily real estate sectors of brokerage, fund management, asset management, lease-up, property management, construction and private lending.
The Dream Live Prosper (DLP)family of companies includes DLP Capital Advisors, DLP Realty, Direct Lending Partner, DLP Property Management, DLP Builders, and DLP Interactive Media.
DLP has an impressive track record of 700% growth over the past 3 years and is driven by a clear vision and an incredible team of highly talented and motivated employees all rowing together towards an aggressive 10 Year Target; 3 Year Picture; and 1 Year Plan.
Our leadership team is committed to helping team members grow personally and professionally. We know that our #1 reason for our enormous growth is that we hire and employ the BEST people — highly driven, positive, motivated, GRITTY, and innovative individuals who are able to expand their skills and remove all ceilings in their growth by working in the DLP culture of learning and growth. To learn more, visit dreamliveprosper.com.
Our Purposeis Living our Dream to create prosperity through innovative real estate solutions.
If you share our core valuesand you can pull your weight in our briskly growing company, then DLP may be the place for you. Our company is small enough (less than 300 employees) that your contributions will be noticed and recognized but large enough to offer room for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCKSTARSto join our collaborative team. Are you driven to greatness? If so, read on about why we may be a perfect match! If you feel you have the drive; knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!
Summary: The corporate legal department at DLP provides legal support services to the entire company and its affiliated companies and departments which includes, but is not limited to entity and contract management, policies, compliance, litigation and claims management, risk management and general corporate and business matters. The scope of support services is multi-faceted, yet primarily based on the core areas of real estate, lending, finance and investments. Given the growth of the DLP, the legal department is seeking candidates who possess the following accomplishments and competencies, are passionate regarding their work ethic and are seeking a position that is both challenging and rewarding.
What you have already accomplished:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- In house corporate, or law firm experience preferred.
- Willingness to obtain admission in other states if needed.
- Experience in drafting and revising transactional documents.
- Experience in real estate, lending and litigation matters preferred.
- Highly developed writing and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and respond to multiple demands while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and desire to exercise initiative, understand business and practical considerations, and work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- The ability to resolve problems quickly and objectively using sound business judgment.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- An understanding of real estate transactions, business matters, and legal processes.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Review, draft and revise documents in connection with real estate and private lending transactions including purchase agreements, leases, contracts, assignments and loan documents.
- Review, draft and revise documents in connection with general corporate and business matters including operating agreements, bylaws, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, policies and procedures and other business documents.
- Research and analyze business and legal issues as necessary.
- Draft and manage contract templates.
- Manage claims, litigation and loan default/loss mitigation matters.
- Provide legal opinions and advice in connection with real estate, lending, general corporate, employment, operational and compliance matters.
- Provide assistance to Chief Legal Counsel and executive team on various due diligence, assignments and projects as assigned.
- Involvement in company/industry events.
- Source; vet; and manage outside counsel used for specific services
Who you will work with :
- 300+ Employees Ready to help with any project
- 30+ Property managers all up and down the east coast
- Two Dedicated to WOW VP’s
- 10 Assistant Property Managers
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown 700% in past three years; We hired 50+ ROCKSTAR Employees in the last quarter.
- Visionary, smart, thoughtful CEOs. Ours is the kind of leader you read about and hope to work with and learn from.
- An executive leadership team who trust one another, communicate effectively and is committed to helping team members grow personally and professionally.
- We’ve been rated the # 1 RE Team in PA and NJ since 2013 and #9 Nationwide in 2017 by Real Trends & the Wall Street Journal
- One of the 5000 Fastest growing companies in the US by Inc.com for 5 straight years & counting including #840 Fastest Growing Private Company in 2016
- Top workplaces award winner by our employees for 3 straight years including #1in 2015! * Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven Greatness
- P*erseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT*
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focus
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
Please follow the link below for more information on DLP!