F*und Accounting Associate*
Reports To: Director of Fund Administration
Company:DLP Family of Companies
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Benefits:Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401k, Voluntary Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Health and Wellness Program, Flexible Work Schedule, and Company Events.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the Dream Live Prosper family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty– A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers & sellers as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the guaranteed sale program and the immediate buyout program through the DLP Offers program.
DLP Capital Partners – The Leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offer consistent and reliable high yield returns directly to high net worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management– Provides world class property; asset; and construction management of multi-family communities in addition to single family homes & select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream; Live, Prosper; and Village apartment communities.
DLP Direct Lending Partners – The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single family and multi-family investors in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern; southern; and Midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners, through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG: 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
Our Achievements:DLP Real Estate Capital has over $650 million in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 11,000 real estate transaction totaling more than $1.5 billion. DLP is currently ranked in TheWall Street Journalas one of the top 15 real estate teams in the country and has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for 6 years in a row.
If you share our core valuesand can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, DLP may be just what you’re looking for. While our company has grown to 300+ employees, our team approach welcomes contributions. You will be noticed and recognized, while being provided tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCKSTARSto join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!
Summary:DLP Capital Partners is looking to add a Fund Accounting Associate to our accounting department for our expanding lending and loan servicing business. You will be responsible for recording daily journal entries, updating spreadsheets, performing reconciliations, preparing financial reporting and providing ad-hoc reports and analytical work when necessary. This position requires excellent work habits, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. An accounting degree or previous accounting/internship experience is required for this position.
What you are great at:
- Record daily journal entries in QuickBooks and Appfolio
- Assist with preparation of monthly fund financial reporting
- Process and record borrower principal and interest payments, calculate late fees, maintain borrower ledgers, loan histories and account balances
- Analyze, process and reconcile daily bank activity
- Maintain supporting schedules and accounting records, including but not limited to; loan roll forwards, accrued interest income, investor account balances and delinquency reports
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close processes as necessary
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis on various data and subjects as may be requested by management from time-to-time
- Perform such other accounting tasks in accordance with GAAP, as directed by the Director of Fund Administration
What you have ALREADY achieved!
- A degree in Accounting and/or relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple projects
- Ability to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven abilities in researching and resolving problems
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic environment
What you will achieve in this role:
- Proficient with Appfolio and QuickBooks within 60 days
- Take charge of two financial reports within 90 days
- Record all daily transactions with 100% accuracy and real-time processing
- Able to cross-train other accountants on all accounting duties within 6 months
- Streamline and improve the fund accountant processes by providing meaningful improvements at least once each calendar quarter
- You are highly proficient with MS Excel advanced functions and advanced formatting
- Attend company/industry events with work on nights and weekends as may be needed
- Attend all required meetings and work proactively to provide solutions to improve the performance of the management company
- It is expected that a significant commitment of time will be necessary to succeed in this position. This will include additional hours and occasional work on weekends as may be necessary to meet deadlines
Who you will work with:
- Our FUN & ENERGIZED Accounting Management Staff (CFO, Controller, & Director of Accounting)
- Three Senior Accountants and the AP Team Leader
- The rest of the dedicated accounting department!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEOs. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicate effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other.
- We’ve been rated the # 1 RE Team in PA and NJ since 2013 and #9 Nationwide in 2017, by Real Trends and The Wall Street Journal.
- One of the fastest-growing companies in the US by Inc. 5000 for 6 straight years and counting.
- Top Workplaces award winner by our employees for 4 straight years. * Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven For Greatness
- P*erseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT*
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focused
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence