Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
Associate Counsel In House
Reports to: Chief Legal Counsel and Executive Team
Company:DLP Real Estate Capital
Compensation : $70,000 to $85,000 year one compensation
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Benefits:Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401k w/ company match, Voluntary Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Health and Wellness Program, Flexible Work Schedule, and Company Events.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the Dream Live Prosper family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty– A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers & sellers as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the guaranteed sale program and the immediate but out program through the DLP Offers program.
DLP Capital Partners – The Leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offer consistent and reliable high yield returns directly to high net worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management– Provides world class property; asset; and construction management of multi-family communities in addition to single family homes & select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream; Live, Prosper; and Village apartment communities.
DLP Direct Lending Partners – The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single family and multi-family investors in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern; southern; and Midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners, through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG: 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
Our Achievements:DLP Real Estate Capital has over $650 million in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 11,000 real estate transaction totaling more than $1.5 billion. DLP is currently ranked in TheWall Street Journalas one of the top 15 real estate teams in the country and has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for 6 years in a row.
If you share our core valuesand can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, DLP may be just what you’re looking for. While our company has grown to 300+ employees, our team approach welcomes contributions. You’ll be noticed and recognized, while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCKSTARSto join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!
Summary: The corporate legal department at DLP provides legal support services to the entire company and its affiliated companies and departments which includes, but is not limited to entity and contract management, policies, compliance, litigation and claims management, risk management and general corporate and business matters. The scope of support services is multi-faceted, yet primarily based on the core areas of real estate, lending, finance and investments. Given the growth of the DLP, the legal department is seeking candidates who possess the following accomplishments and competencies, are passionate regarding their work ethic and are seeking a position that is both challenging and rewarding.
What you have already accomplished:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- Willingness to obtain admission in other states if needed.
- Experience in drafting and revising transactional documents.
- Experience in real estate, lending and litigation matters preferred.
- Highly developed writing and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and respond to multiple demands while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and desire to exercise initiative, understand business and practical considerations, and work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- The ability to resolve problems quickly and objectively using sound business judgment.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- An understanding of real estate transactions, business matters, and legal processes.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Obtain PA Real Estate Brokers License & serve as Broker of Record within 90 days
- Drive results
- Negotiate & Keep deals together
- Reduce expenses
- Support General Counsel & legal team
- Review, draft and revise documents in connection with real estate and private lending transactions including purchase agreements, leases, assignments and loan documents.
- Review, draft and revise documents in connection with general corporate and business matters including operating agreements, bylaws, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, policies and procedures and other business documents.
- Research and analyze business and legal issues as necessary.
- Draft and manage contract templates.
- Manage claims, litigation and loan default/loss mitigation matters.
- Provide legal opinions and advice in connection with real estate, lending, general corporate, employment, operational and compliance matters.
- Provide assistance to Chief Legal Counsel and executive team on various due diligence, assignments and projects as assigned.
- Involvement in company/industry events.
Who you will work with :
- General Council; Associate Council; Paralegal
- Incredible Executive team
- 300+ Employees Ready to help with any project
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown 700% in past three years; We hired 50+ ROCKSTAR Employees in the last quarter.
- Visionary, smart, thoughtful CEOs. Ours is the kind of leader you read about and hope to work with and learn from.
- An executive leadership team who trust one another, communicate effectively and is committed to helping team members grow personally and professionally.
- We’ve been rated the # 1 RE Team in PA and NJ since 2013 and #9 Nationwide in 2017 by Real Trends & the Wall Street Journal
- One of the 5000 Fastest growing companies in the US by Inc.com for 5 straight years & counting including #840 Fastest Growing Private Company in 2016
- Top workplaces award winner by our employees for 3 straight years including #1in 2015! * Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven Greatness
- P*erseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT*
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focus
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence